Friday, May 30, 2014

Live Positive Way

    When by my solitary hearth I sit,
    And hateful thoughts enwrap my soul in gloom;
    When no fair dreams before my 'mind's eye' flit,
    And the bare heath of life presents no bloom;
    Sweet Hope, ethereal balm upon me shed,
    And wave thy silver pinions o'er my head!
     
    - John Keats
    The sun and stars that float in the open air... the
    appleshaped earth and we upon it... surely the drift
    of them is something grand;
    I do not know what it is except that it is grand, and that it
    is happiness,
    And that the enclosing purport of us here is not a speculation,
    or bon-mot or reconnoissance,
    And that it is not something which by luck may turn out
    well for us, and without luck must be a failure for us,
    And not something which may yet be retracted in a certain
    contingency.
    - Walt Whitman

No comments:

Powered By Blogger