Sunday, October 20, 2019

Live Positive Way - My friend!

Often, people these days feel, they are well-connected through whatsapp, facebook, instagram and other social networks. We feel that we get connected easily with anyone and everyone through these networks, but does it really work that way?

I am recollecting my childhood days, when people have to share something or discuss something, they have to physically reach their friend's place and have a discussion with them, but now, they all are "just one touch away".....that's how we feel, isn't it. But does it work that way?

Nowadays, we all are added to various social networking groups, which includes, office groups, school friends' group, college friends' group, which at times gets further extended to other small to big friends' groups connected to different communities, associations, etc.  To add to this, if you have a school-going-child at home then you are 'by default' be part of all those school groups too.  Does this really mean we got so many people to stand by us?

I hardly find anyone having time these days (including you & me). We all are in social networks just to read and forward messages. To be frank I am so weak in that too.  Half of the forward videos I hardly even download fearing filling up my phone memory and the add-on memory card.

In normal days still all these are just fine.  We are busy with our own work and job and set in the routine life.  Suddenly when something happens, we get struck in between in a terrible situation, feeling overwhelmed due to some sudden change, feeling low and upset and really want someone to care then this big panic struck situation will hit us hard and we will realise all these days we were just 'connected' for receiving and forwarding messages.  When you long for someone to share their shoulder to cry on, or to call and listen to you or want a soothing message, we feel an emotional emptiness. We may get to face the hard reality that though there are so many 'known' to us yet there is no one really there for us, yet we cannot blame them for being busy!

These words coming from a positive thought blogger is not to make you feel upset. Not at all.  There is always a solution for every challenge. I keep blogging about it always and I follow what I preach.  There is one magical solution, which can help us during difficult times…. All the time.  Still not able to get it? 

It is your hobbies friends!

Never leave your hobbies, whatever be your favourite hobby, hold on to it.  It will help you keep your emotions in control. It can provide you the much needed support you anticipate and will make you feel like someone being around during the tough days.  It will help you to stay busy and can keep you happy and motivated. On the personal front, even during the rough phase of my life I have continued singing and sharing my tracks with my friends, they might have even wondered how am I able to sing during my worst phase but actually it is the other way around…singing helps me stay calm.  I will also be seen practising Zumba with my daughter or at times read back-to-back books of my choice.  All these hobbies has helped me stay happy, keep going and get less disheartened when I see no messages from the ones I wish to hear from or when I anticipate an enquiry message from the loved ones during my tough days and when it does not happen. 

Again there are always few buddies who keep extending their support to us, as always, but it is not good to take advantage of them, burden them with all our tensions and instead we can steamline our thoughts to keep ourselves happy.

Hobbies are and will continue to be our greatest friends. I sincerely wish, the one who had left singing, dancing, painting, gardening, reading will start doing them right away after reading this blogpost.

Wishing all very Happy Days ahead! 
Stay Positive & Keep yourself happy!
- Suganthi Sankaran

No comments:

Powered By Blogger