Monday, September 21, 2009

Celebrations - a positive refreshment

I was little busy with Navratri Celebrations so was not able to blog for few days. However, this time its a wonderful experience I had in this festival season in Mumbai.

In India Navaratri celebrated across the country in different ways. In Mumbai, Navaratri is celebrated colourfully. The traditional dances of garba and dandiya raas (which is played with decorated sticks called dandiyas), are performed with group of people (neighbours or residents of the society) dressed up in colourful clothes. Even in our housing society we celebrate Navratri. Its very good to see people gathering together, they enjoy, dance and celebrate. They may even belong to various religion and region, from different parts of the country, but still this festival unite them.

I personally feel such celebrations can bring people closer and help us to understand them and forget few difference of opinions we might have had before. For me the important aspect is that its a wonderful social get together which gives me a positive vibration since I am able to meet people from various cultural and traditional background and able understand them. I am very excited since six more Dandiya/Garba nights to celebrate.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger