Thursday, December 15, 2016

Live Positive Way

Natural disasters!  How helpless we are! Unlike man-made disasters it will be felt all over the city and completely.  No one be able to help others since all got caught in that disaster. Whether it was our last year's flood or this year's horrific 'Vardah Cyclone', we were helpless. Especially during this cyclone everyone in My City - Chennai had locked themselves in their homes and gazing through their windows wondering how its gonna turn out and when it will be over and worried about their family and friends left stranded outside in the city at the time of cyclone.

Its always an emotional, mental and physical challenge in the time of crisis mostly like without water supply and lack of necessary survival-essentials.  These situations even provoke brutal happenings, looting and crimes but Chennai is 'moderately' safer city compared to other places and hence we are all safe.  

During last year floods, we were in a better situation with electricity and water supply. We (our apartment) were able to get news updates and were in a position to help a few but this time that too got rulled out since whole city is worst affected -- cut off from the world without any power supply and connectivity. Nevertheless, after it got over, inspite of all difficulties, the best part of such scenarios is that it brings out kindness and strengthens bonding with the people who stay near us.  Humanity stands tall and everyone get ready to help each other.  

Last year floods made me to identify the like minded people in my apartments and which later on developed into a great friendship and going strong since a year.. This time without electricity, television, broadband and internet connections we were taken back to 80's and 90's and it has surely brought back those fond childhood memories. The kids were playing in the open corridors instead of locking themselves at home with the idiot box TV. Saw our fellow flatmates getting drenched and enjoying the rain as if nothing worst has happened. Later, men  got involved in removing fallen trees and ladies helping each other lending stuffs, with cleaning tips and some families bonding over a cup of tea. 

Being in a materialistic world these days, we hardly get to know even a few personally but such tough times help us to initiate friendship, improve bonding with already existing ones. Being a social animal we too need self gratification and being accepted by our people, these phases in life will truly help us to understand ourselves better.  Though I am blessed with many friends in my place and we are a big gang of friends we hardly have time meeting everyone together. This time we could manage to do that. Thanks to Vardah cyclone. I personally felt strongly bonded with my friends, had some quality time with my better half, found my friends coming and calling me to check around if I am safe and me feeling worried and checking about my dear and near ones. I once again started using the stairs to climb up which I left years back.  

At the end...all is well. Just another couple of days and the city will become normal. We be back with our routine but the memories will last forever and the friendship till the end of my life. We will learn to share and value each other going forward. Feeling motivated to post this blog but wondering when I be able to since I am waiting for my internet connectivity....but sooner! Oh.....you already read? Thanks for blog walking! 

Stay positive....always!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger