Sunday, December 25, 2016

Live Positive Way

Years back when I was working with ABN AMRO Bank, in our department we played a game called 'Star of the day'. We select a person randomly and rest of us will share something positive about them written in a paper and will put them in a drop box. At the end of the day, we open that box and read out loudly all things written in those papers.  My fellow Bankers might have even forgot this but I have treasured those valuable comments till date since its their comments and my compliments. I keep seeing them whenever I find myself little upset or missing those days!




A couple of days back I have posted a message in my Facebook timeline and shared it to my WhatsApp friends too which reads as follows - "Say one word which describes about me"..... I did received some replies back and there were really some unexpected surprising replies too.




It might sound funny to see something like this posted by an adult like me, but the entire process was to know what my dear ones think about me. I can be an International blogger, an Educationalist, a Motivator but being a normal human begin at times I too need recognition, acceptance and encouragement. These things always boost me more.

'Appreciation' - that's what everyone needs starting from a child to an old person. But everyone busy chasing their own dreams and hence have no time left to think about others or thank and appreciate anyone. But appreciating a person can not only motivate them but we will also have a feel of positive impact in us when we do so. If you want to appreciate anyone you have to carry a smile on your face, openness in heart and honest words to deliver it. If we are able to bring smile in someone's face by appreciating them, why can't we do it regularly?

Lets not even say just for the sake of saying, we can always be true and appreciate them for what actually they have done. It can even be the smallest thing but we can motivate them. If we start doing it we will end up receiving it. Let's appreciate others and also our own self. Just these words from one of my favorite songs flashing in my mind......
"the more you give; the more you get; always try not to forget; so give it all the way; and all that you want will be yours...."!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger