Monday, March 27, 2017

Live Positive Way

Friedrich Nietzshe, a German Philosopher said, 'Without music, life would be a mistake'. I prefer to read it as 'Without music, life wont be a journey worth doing. 

Life gives us a peaceful pause ....then again throw some new challenges. We really need something which can push us and keep us going and that's music!  Not just for me its for everyone. I always ask people I come across whether they love listening to music? If they say no, I will surely wonder how they are able to survive without music. 

I am not commenting about any specific form of music but music as such. Be it vocal or instrumental, traditional or modern, soft or metalic but some music. I listen to all these forms....from devotional song to fast beat Bollywood numbers, from instruments to high pitch folk songs, not just Hindi, Tamil & English but Spanish, Latin and Portuguese.... which I cannot understand much. It ranges from M.S. Subbulakshmi, Yesudas, Jagjit.....Sonu, Enrique to Pitbull. 

The peace and contentment the music gives cannot be gained from anything in life.  In my other blog about 'Hobbies', I mentioned that our hobbies can be connected emotionally with some situation and person.  Music as a hobby does it more intensely. I can't remember even vaguely from when I started listening to music but I can't be without music. Its association has been with me at the times of my success & failure, gain & loss. It is with me when I am in love or even when I am ignored. Music witness all my studies, be it writing a home work, record work or paper submission or studying for my exams, I need it to travel with me. Cooking, cleaning or rest... I need it to play along with me. If its not through speakers, earphones at least my lips will involuntarily murmur some song or other.. To be precise, it is with me 24/7.  

I am blogging this not to make others feel how much I love music but to stress on the point that how music can be a morale booster and give us a positive drive, which in turn help us to stay calm and focused. Whenever I feel a bit low, it can change my mood and make me feel fresh again. Many have criticized me for keeping myself updated with new songs and lyrics. They think I am old to sing new songs being in late 30's but it keeps me young when I sing, specially the new songs. If something gives us pleasure and fulfilment why not we keep doing it? Its you who gonna decide how you have to be and not others. If you think your favourite activities can keep u going just do it without hesitation. Age is always no bar to stay happy. I love elderly people listening to songs with HiFi sound systems. I feel even more motivated. Music can improvise our personal grooming standards too. Additional advantage is that it can motivate us to dance, which is again good for health. 

If you have missed the habit of listening to music, just try to start catching up with it. Spend quality time for yourself....work, house,  tensions can wait for a while..... Enjoy your life before its too late. Stay happy!

Please don't stop the music... 
♩♪♫♬♯🎼🎼🎼♩♪♫♬♯🎼....
- Suganthi Sankaran

No comments:

Powered By Blogger