Saturday, April 4, 2020

Live Positive Way - From my lockdown diaries....


Live Positive Way

My hubby asked me, “what happened to your blog posts? You have enough time now to write!"  So here comes my new post!

It's 'Lock down time'! Yes, too much news buzzing around about the present pandemic situation. What to do? What not to do? My mind is engrossed in the daily emerging data, its ups & downs. But as a 'positive thoughts blogger' isn’t it my priority and responsibility to post something positive to my blog walkers at this time?

Restricted movements. Even walking exercise confined to ones’ home. No cable TV connection to watch movies. In a way it has become a blessing in disguise since I am restricted only to watch a few news updates.  Otherwise, I might have tuned into Times Now, Republic and CNN most of the time.

Many more compromises in kitchen zone. Unable to make and eat what we like, but still feel blessed we have food to eat, whereas many still wander with hunger.

Fine! These are my challenges and hope that is yours as well. Now what can be done to make use of this time productively. How to stay positive despite the challenges?

Here are a few things I am doing to keep myself active.

First of all, whenever we see a news related to the present situation, we must mute our negative thought button. Switch back to the positive affirmation, “this too will pass”! Yes, this will surely pass since nothing is permanent here, so is this too.

Secondly, re-engage with the hobbies which can give you utmost satisfaction.  Something which you did in your childhood days but couldn’t pursue due to various reasons.  My regular readers know that I keep insisting on this. Practising your hobby can help you stay young and happy.  I love singing and dancing. I had never ever left it. It helps me to stay self motivated and keep me going even in this tough time. Doing Zumba with my daughter and daily singing practice with her (we just finished our karaoke sessions singing a telugu song, the language which we are not familiar with), gives a lot of happiness to both of us. Specially to my female buddies, who are now burdened with so much work, I want to say that those chores can wait for a while. It’s nothing wrong if you decide to spend some time for yourself. Take some time out for yourself.

I am both a spiritual and religious person. I wish my child too, to follow those religious practices.  So I am using this time to educate her about our customs, cultures and values which make us a mature human being! Luckily my child is not hooked to cartoon characters and hence it is easy for me to pull her and make her watch and learn them. Watching Mahabharata together is our most favourite bonding time now. I believe any parent can influence their child by doing things which they want their children to do. I am sure they will surprise you by doing them along with you!

Books indeed are great friends! I don’t feel bored since I have so many books to read. With many online links available for readers free of charge we can choose what we like and start reading. I have a few friends who keep saying, “I can’t read a book post one page". I feel that is perfectly fine. Just read that one page a day.  If the content is good, we will end up reading the whole book soon. Think about the knowledge we can gain through this process instead of reading some fake news which can create a panic attack in our heart?

I was in Vippasana Meditation and had the bliss of enjoying 10 days of noble silence (I am not asking you to practice noble silence but can meditate for a while to boost your inner consciousness). This silence that you are feeling around you now is never going to repeat again hence make the best use of it. Instead of tiring car horns and speeding vehicle sounds, we are now able to hear birds chirp and can see birds flying peacefully in clean air above. Let them also have a great time.

I just remember my conversation with my husband about an old tamil story of a famous writer Sujatha, “Yen Iniya Iyandira”. The story revolves around robots taking over the universe. I told my hubby, like every other creature what if some day humans go extinct on earth? But never thought a small micro element can destroy so many lives and cage the entire universe before even we could realise what was happening. Think friends!  Nothing is superior to 'Nature' including the human intelligence. Hence let us all bow down in front of mother nature, God or whatever you call it and feel good that we are still there alive. We can change for better.

Much more to come in coming days…..

From my lockdown diaries……….. 
- Suganthi Sankaran

No comments:

Powered By Blogger